Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dear Dad,

Angie asked me to write and update you on what has been going on.

Last week Katlyn took her placement tests for the local community college. She did so well that they gave her a scholarship. Her first two years of school are going to be paid. We’re really proud of her. She starts college next week. (sob) We have been riding her a little bit about not having a job, so she has thrown herself into looking for one. It’s going to be weird with her working and going to college. I feel old.

Evie and Angie are both getting ready to start school too. I will have 3 kids in school and they will all still be in the house. Angie is doing an online school and I am home schooling Ev.

Angie had her sweet 16 party on Sunday. For the girl’s 16th birthdays, we buy them upgraded purity rings. They are diamond rings to signify how valuable their purity is. They are good kids so it is worth it. I spent 4 hours in the mall with Katlyn and Jess trying to find Angie’s ring. I usually know her taste, but wasn’t confident about the ring we chose. She was thrilled with it though, so I was very happy. Anyway, we had a house FULL of people here on Sunday. Grandma Malia and Papa Javier were out for that weekend too. You know how Malia is; she took Angie to get her nails and hair done. She got her new clothes, shoes and jewelry. They shopped for 3 days straight. It’s not my idea of a good time, but Angie was in shopping heaven. So, Angie had a great birthday and we are really happy about that.

Tomorrow we go and see Dr. Copeland and the transplant team.. They are going to tell us what they decided as far as listing her. I have a feeling they are going to want us to wait. I am really not happy about the idea of sitting around waiting for her to get sicker. How good is our God that His timing is perfect though? When she’s ready for her surgery, her heart will be too. (That’s so funny. What I just wrote reminds me of David in the Psalms. He starts off feeling overwhelmed by his circumstance and then remembers God.) Next week we have an appointment with Dr. Shah (the cardiologist that Angie LOVES) and with a pediatrician. Everyone keeps asking me who her primary doctor is. She hasn’t had one so we’re getting one.

Well, we are going to be seeing you in a few days. I can smell the beach already! Whoo-hoo!

Love,

Mel

Note: Melissa has asked me to post the link to The Harvest Crusade in Anaheim, CA.
Here is the Link.

No comments:

Post a Comment