Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hey, Dad.

We got a letter from UMC yesterday. They were explaining to us what to expect when we get to Tucson on the 27th. At 8 am we have to meet with a financial coordinator. (First things first, huh?) At 8:30 we meet with the transplant coordinator. 9:00 Angie has to do a treadmill test. I think they hook her up and test her heart and her lungs while she is exerting herself. At 10 she will get an EKG. At 10:30 she will meet with a social worker. 12:45 she has a 3 1/2 HOUR meeting with a psychologist! They have labs, chest x-ray, and a dental panorex listed as "anytime." On Tuesday they have the whole day set aside for her heart catheter. The procedure itself will be a couple of hours. Then she is required to lay flat on her back for 6 hours so they can make sure the hole the cath makes in her vein stops bleeding. On Wednesday we have an echo at 9:30 and we can come home! I am going to take Rai with me because I don't want Katlyn to be over whelmed at home watching Rai and Evie. Our church is going to bring meals for them on Monday and Tuesday nights. Aimee plans on driving out to Tucson on Tuesday. She is going to bring Katlyn and Evie with her. I miss my Evie when I'm not with her for a while. They are only going to stay for the day and then coming back home. It's going to be a rough few days for my Angie.

Tomorrow we leave for our trip. I am excited but very busy. I have a few other things besides getting ready for our trip that I am trying to get done. Rai likes to un-do things for me so some stuff I do I get to repeat a few times. :) I will send pictures of our gnome "Fred Roamin" from our trip. I put a 49er sticker on Fred's hat. Fred was a gift from my girls. I always wanted a gnome so we can take vacation pictures with him. I had heard a story about a family that had a garden gnome in their yard. One day there gnome was gone. The next thing they knew, they started getting pictures in the mail of their gnome from all over the world. People would take the gnome with them, send some pictures to the family and then hand the gnome off to other travelers to do the same thing. One day the gnome owners woke up to find their gnome back in their yard. I love that story, so thus the desire to take vacation pictures with Fred. The girls named him Fred Roamin because he is going to roam around with us.

Anyway, I love you guys. Talk to you in a couple of weeks.

-Mel.

1 comment:

  1. Angie,

    I'm praying for you today. I pray that God will take the pain and carry it away from you. I pray for quick healing, for warmth and love for you and your family as you begin this journey.

    Thinking of you always,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete