Monday, July 6, 2009

Dear Dad,

I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. There hasn't really been much to say. I have kept myself busy with planning and organizing for our trip. Eddie says I am doing it way too early because we don't leave for another 2 weeks.

Angie is doing ok. She has had a few episodes like some swelling she had in her feet. It wasn't enough swelling that anyone other than someone who knows what her feet normally look like would notice. That is one of the questions they ask her every time we go to the doctor: "Have you noticed any swelling in your hands, feet or stomach?" The day she had all the swelling she had been eating a lot of chips and Chex mix. I don't think she is drinking the amount of water she is supposed to be. We have cracked down on the salt and lack of water. She hasn't had any swelling issues since then. We have decided though, to buy a wheelchair for our trip. We found one for $20. It will come in handy if we have to walk fast or far or if we are standing for too long. She is not happy that at 15 she needs a wheelchair. On the 4th of July she had an episode after carrying Rainna up a flight of stairs. She said she went slow, but still she was winded and dizzy. A couple of weeks ago we were walking into Walmart. Katlyn, Evie and I were hurrying to get out of the heat, but it was too much to walk fast for Angie. Little things like that are occurring more. It's sad. We just keep praying that her heart and lungs will maintain their health until she gets her heart.

Would you guys pray for my friend Aimee and her family? They have a couple of things that they are dealing with right now that they could use the prayer for.

Love to all!

-Mel.

3 comments:

  1. Of course I will! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have been soo busy. But I love you all sooo much! I just finaly got back onto my blog site. LOL. Anyhow, I'm praying, praying, and more praying. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,
    Oh... how we need to rely on our Mighty God through times of uncertainty. I know I do! I've been praying that I would depend on God in greater ways. I am praying for you girl (and Angie, of course). My heart just aches for you as a mom!
    It's been fun seeing you in Children's!

    May the Lord continue to strengthen the Olivas family in great ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe--I just saw the little prayer request for us. Thank you!! :)

    Enjoyed my time with you all yesterday at your Casa!

    ReplyDelete