Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dad, I started to send you some pictures that I did of the kids. Then I saw a news tease on the Yahoo home page that said Ethiopian crops are being destroyed by locusts. So, being the curious girl that I am, I did a google search for pestilence and the last days. I couldn't necessarily find a bible passage that talked about pestilence being a sign of the times. I tell you what though, you start off looking up one thing and there are so many rabbit trails to go down when it comes to prophecy. I read Mark 13. Good passage. I recently heard a teaching by Bob Coy where he talked about the increase of diseases and the resurgence of diseases that have been long gone like small pox. He got his information from the CDC! Anyway, I don't know why I went off on that subject. I haven't even been a devout follower of end times studies. God keeps putting things in my path when it comes to them though. I think it would be so cool if Jesus came back before Angie needed her transplant or even got sick. We were just finishing a study of Daniel when she got diagnosed. One of the first thoughts I had was, "Jesus could come back before this is an issue." Then someone on her prayer chain posted the same thing. I like God.

Well, I am sending the pictures now. They didn't come out as good as I had wanted. One day I am going to buy myself some lighting equipment.

Love,

-Mel

5 comments:

  1. Matthew 24:6-8 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and pestilences, and earthquakes in vaious places. All these things are the beginning of sorrows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling if I posted that someone would post a verse. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    You never got back with me on what the Cardio Doc said about Ang's pains?
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh you know me! I LOVE End time stuff... don't get me started I wont Stop...LOL. And if someone handn't quoted Matt. 24:7 I'd quoted that to. Hee Hee. And I have to say I believe God is coming Really Soon! So no worries. Rapture, Rapture, Rapture baby! The way Obama is setting the stage, it's about time! All things are getting soooo close! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elissa, I love you, girl! You're too funny. You and my Dad would get along so well. Don't get him started on Obama. lol

    ReplyDelete