Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Word For Today Is...


We had Gayle Erwin as a guest teacher at church a few weeks ago. He told a story of a leader who wanted to get an encouraging message out to his followers. However, he only had the ability to send one word. After some careful thought he chose the word, "others." After service, Gayle gave away bumper stickers that say "others" on them. We have 7 or so of them stuck around our house. It says in the bible that in the last days, people will be lovers of themselves. I know, for our family, that is definitely true. We're really good at throwing pity parties for ourselves. I am trying to teach the girls (and get some practice at it myself) that happiness is found in doing for others rather than focusing on ourselves. Yesterday I was reading some of the comments people have posted on here. I thought, "I don't even know some of these people yet they are praying for my daughter." I want to be able to pray for you as well. We do pray general prayers for everyone who has shown an interest in Angie. If you have something that you are going through, please post it or you can email us at fadinge@yahoo.com. We WILL pray for you.


As an update...I finally tracked down the transplant coordinator from Tucson. She said that she is sending Angie's case to the financial people from the hospital. They are going to contact my insurance to make sure she is approved for Tucson. That takes about 2 weeks (not happy about that). After that, we will go in and have a consultation with the head surgeon. They are aiming for the 18th for that consultation. Once we have met with the surgeon, they will set up the testing they want Angie to have done. Baby steps. Very slow baby steps. Still it is steps and I need to remember that my God is in control, not the coordinators or insurance company or surgeons. I am learning patience.

3 comments:

  1. GOD, I want to thank you for your gift of faith. It's so great to hear all the people blogging have been blessed with so much faith in you.

    THANK YOU
    IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so im not always good with words, I tend to say the wrong things at the wrong time but here I go...

    You said you are taking baby steps, and that reminded me of Rainna when she was trying to walk. She wanted to get going so bad, she lost her balance and fell. Poor Rainna, lol. I guess that brought to my mind that God is holding on to us, waiting until we get balanced and ready to walk before he lets us go. That way we won't fall, and even if a couple steps down the road we fall, He lifts us up and gets us going again. I really don't know why I said that other then thats what I was thinking when I read that. SO I guess just.. dont be discouraged if you feel like your not getting any where, God is making sure your balanced and ready before he moves you on and that is the most important part. After that its just like walking:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally missed the message that Sunday, but eveyone says it was soo good! I'll just have to here it online. Thanks for sharring that. And I'm with you on the patience thing, learning that myself right now, and not liking it very much LOL... we just need to remember we are being "Moldable Clay." : )

    ReplyDelete