Thursday, June 11, 2009

We Have An Appointment

I spoke to the transplant coordinator from UMC (Tucson) today. Everything is a "go" with my insurance. So, they made us an appointment with the transplant surgeon for next Thursday. From what I understand, we will meet with him and if he believes that Angie's heart condition could lead to her death within the next year, he will send us to UMC to do the 3 days of tests. If the tests come back that she does have restrictive cardiomyopathy and that there isn't another cause for her heart issues (like an infection) then they will list her. Angie's cardiologist Dr. Shah (LOVE him!) said that the probability of it being another source for her heart problems is very unlikely. Wouldn't that be nice though? :) I'm not sure how long it will take to start the testing. I'm not sure how long it will take for them to review the tests and list her. Part of me is hoping that it takes until the end of August so we can go to CA for Angie's 16th, a family get together at the beach and the Harvest Crusade. Another part of me thinks, "the sooner she's listed, the better." I am so thankful that we only have to wait a few days for this appointment.
We never made it to Tucson yesterday. The 10 freeway was closed. It took us 3 hours to get 86 miles. We eventually just turned around so Eddie didn't beat us home. Rai was not happy to be in her car seat. On a positive side, we made a list of fast food places and gas stations that we passed for future reference. It was nice to get out of the house too. OK, well I just wanted to update you all.


Angie ordered herself a salad because Sharon told her that she would have to start eatting healthier.


















This was how Rai was for a good part of the 3 hours.























3 comments:

  1. Praise GOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This trip is kinda like what youre going through. You plan an adventure but God had a different plan for your family. The best thing here is the memory of a time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like Rai enjoys her carseat about as much as Sara does. I've been told they grow out of it... I'm still waiting.

    ReplyDelete