Monday, June 8, 2009

Our Logo


...or some version of this. We are planning on having t-shirts and tank tops made. This will be on the front and Angie's verse (Psalms 73:26) will be on the back.
As Angie said in her post, we received a packet from the hospital in Tucson a couple of days ago. They said that we should read through the packet so it would answer any questions we might have. I didn't want to hear any statistics so I was a little leery of reading it. God doesn't work based on statistics. Still, after reading through some of the information, it took me a couple of days to remember that. (I haven't even finished reading it.) I can tell you that the average wait time on the list for a heart is 2-3 years. Even typing that, my heart is sinking. Angie has handled that like a trooper. I don't know why it upsets me so bad and she acts like it's no big deal. I think I had it in my head that she would have her heart in 12-18 months. One of the other things that this wonderful information contained was a list of things that she is going to have to go through after the surgery. She will have weekly heart biopsies for the first 2 months. She has to take her temperature frequently to check for infection. Her immune system will be weakened so she is more susceptible to infections. After it is all said and done she will have to face complications from her medicine like low back pain, compression fractures, dizziness, mood swings, cancer, ulcers, hypertension, kidney disease, gallbladder disease, cataracts, glaucoma, gingivitis, pneumothorax, obesity and diabetes. The next sentence on this paper says, "There may be additional problems which are not listed, but these are the most common." Kind of like getting hit over the head, huh? That's how I felt. I don't mean to depress anyone. This is an easy way of letting all of my friends and family know what Angie is going to be facing for the rest of her life.
I should tell a joke or something to end this on a not-so-depressing note.
How about a verse?
Psalm 46:1-3 "God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah"

5 comments:

  1. God has a plan for her. I may not know what it is, but I know it is a perfect plan that has nothing to do with any 'what ifs', or 'maybes'. His plan for her was set from the foundations of the world. He can see it all things at once. Beginning, middle, and end. We can't. God loves his own, and only wants what is best for them/us. Ang, some may think you got a raw deal, but I say, you are special to God. He is using you, and your situation for his glory. He has chosen you, to be an instrument of his grace, and a witness to his awesome power. He has chosen you, just as he chose Moses, Abraham, Lot (?) and so many more to do his perfect work. You are in with some pretty righteous company. You favored of the Lord

    ReplyDelete
  2. The logo turned out waaay cuute!:D I totaly want a tank top:D

    And I had no idea about how much stuff you have to go through my poor Ang. I mean I knew alittle but wow, God has something awesome for you! YOU are one amazing person,and an awesome encouragment, and a very best friend.. for eternity:D I love you:D and praying for you:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Amen, Amen. I love your verse, cling to it. You are right God is not the god of man's statistics. He is the God of healing and miracles. If He were the God of statistics, there would be no miracles.
    I love that He always keeps His promises. We don't have to fear. He is always good.
    I am praying for strength.
    Here is a vs. for you tonight.
    Matthew 10: 29-31
    Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do Not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

    Praying and Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for my Tank!! When are we goin' to get them?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete