Saturday, May 16, 2009

COTA. Fundraising.

I was hoping to have more answers than I do by the time the week was over. I don’t think that the coordinator (her name is Sharon) can send the information to Tucson until we get a definite “yes you can” from that third party company I wrote about. The name of that company is Anthem. (That should be easier to write than “third party company.”) Tucson can’t order the blood work until they get the paper work and the surgeons can’t review the paper work until it’s sent. Gotta love bureaucracy.

Thankfully we have my parents coming out tomorrow and Katlyn’s graduation on Monday. We won’t be sitting around waiting for a call to say we’re a go. I have to keep reminding myself that it will all happen in God’s timing. Maybe He is teaching me patience. I’m a do-er. If a problem comes up, I want to jump right in a get it taken care of now. I’m frustrated.

There is an organization called Children’s Organ Transplant Association. (COTA) What they do is help families whose child needs a transplant raise money. One of the things they require is that we have at least 3 people to be the fundraising team. There will be one person coordinating the fundraising effort. That person is Aimee. We need a couple more people who would be willing to help her. COTA will send a volunteer out to train everyone. Once we get the people we need, I can send in the application. The president of the organization will call me and give me a fundraising goal. They will set up an account to hold all of the funds. That ensures everyone that we aren’t raising money for a new boat. They have rules about what the money raised can be applied towards.

Angela just told me that she plans on blogging today. That will be good. Her last day of school is Thursday. That same day her best friend is coming out from TX. She can tell you more about that. She's excited.

Everyone has left such sweet comments. Honestly, I’m a little embarrassed that so many people are reading this. I feel like it’s what God has me doing right now. He knows I need to do SOMETHING. :)

-Mel.

2 comments:

  1. I am so blessed. Blessed that God answers prayers. I was worried about fundraising...prayed...and God meet me there...where I was. He blessed me with so many thougths and ideas. He actaully just opened up my mind to think! Think of people and connections that I alreay have, right in front of me! ;) Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying that God provides all you need and more. I know this is such a hard time for your family. But I also know we serve a VERY Powerful God, who can do Anything. Nothing is impossible for Our God!

    ReplyDelete