Friday, May 15, 2009

The Peace That Passes All Understanding

So I had titled the slideshow on here “My Angie.” Aimee apparently came in and changed it. I guess I have to share my Angie, huh?

God gave me something today. I pictured our family in a raft heading down a river. Up ahead we can see rough water. Our instinct would tell us that we need to be fearful and hang on tight. God is telling us, “Don’t be afraid. I am here and even if you did somersaults in that raft, I will not let you fall.” That is the peace that we have been experiencing. We know that we are in for a long, rough trip, but we know our God is in control. Psalms 139:17-18 says that God’s thoughts towards us are more in number than the sand. Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” One of my favorite verses that I think is such an awesome picture of the protection we have in God is Psalm 46:1-3 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea, though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling.”

Someone commented on one of these posts that they too had issues with in and out of network facilities in AZ. Her husband appealed to 2 different insurance providers and they paid the claims for the AZ facilities as in-network. That would be HUGE for us. I am going to contact my insurance company and appeal Tucson as being out-of-network. Thank you, Steph. I didn’t even know that was a possibility.

OK so today is payday, which means I have my hands full with paying bills and shopping. God bless each and every one of you.

-Mel.

4 comments:

  1. LOL. I was waiting to see if you noticed. You can change it back, if you want it to say "My". But you do have to share her. Please. ;)

    What great verses. I need to look those up myself.

    Angie...
    I am in awe at how you are handling all this. What a blessing you are to me. Just remember what I said...You are going to have an awesome Testimony! It's already begun. You are already touching peoples lives. Blessing them. What a special gift you are to us all.

    ONLY FOUR more DAYS of School! YEAH! No More...yucky J! Yipee!

    Love you more than words could ever say......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret/Molly (aka the girl with the identity crisis)May 15, 2009 3:07 PM

    Melissa,

    I just wanted to say you are so grounded!
    Don't take this the wrong way....remember my perspective is from when you and I were teenagers.
    You are so mature and responsible, not that I thought you would turn out any different. I guess I really had no idea because we lost track of each other.
    I am really proud of you from the small glimpses you give here. You are a really good mama and so strong.
    I am so glad to be getting to know you again.
    Molly/Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love reading the blogs they're so encouraging to me......

    Angie....
    Aimee is right you're a blessing to me and others.....And, yes, you do have a great testimony already.....Keep the faith and keep your head up, the Lord is watching over you and your family.....

    Melissa.....
    Girl, you amaze me.....Listening to you the other night about this whole situation going on with Angie was amazing.....You had such a peace of mind within yourself.....That was such an encouragement to me......You so bless me......I love you and I want you to know that I'm here for you and the family.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. aunt mel...it looks great....i actually got a little teary eyed,lol im not guna lie!you guys seem to be dealing with this so good.& i know its because you have god's strength behind you.tell angie she'll be in my prayers every night...& i love her...
    xoxox,bee

    ReplyDelete