Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Good Nap Solves So Much

That is what I have discovered. I went to bed last night at a bad time. It was like 2 am which is normal for our out-of-the-norm family. The difference today was that I had to be at the airport at 7:55 am to pick up Roxy. Eddie got woken up by Rainna who is teething. She was not a happy girl. Then there was an issue with the trash and with the hose. I was late and Roxy's plane was early. Then came the nap. It's a good day for a nap too. It is stormy here. The sky is gray and the wind is blowing. In AZ, in May, it is still hot. We can crank up the ac, look outside and pretend it's cold though. I'm not sure how long I slept, but I think it was at least 3 hours. (That is definitely a benefit of having the kids spaced out so far.) So, I got up from my nap and ended up having a pretty productive day. I called Wal-Mart to find out about doing fundraising in front of their store. I called the bank to find out how to set up a non-profit account. The bank directed me to the IRS. The guy at the IRS was nice. He even said he would pray for Angie. We weren't sure about using the organization I talked about before. (COTA) They are pretty strict and I was worried about them a little. I prayed for direction. After talking to WalMart (who will only let organizations do fundraising there), the bank, and the IRS (who said that the donations couldn't be used as a charitable donation deduction unless we were an organization) we decided to use COTA. We got the application faxed over. (Thank you, Elissa for the use of your fax machine.) I talked to Aimee and updated her on everything since she is my "Campaign Coordinator." She has been telling me about one of her friends who sells candles. Apparently, the candle company is pretty generous with fundraising. Her friend has blown me away with how much she is doing to help us. (thank you so much!) I will have more on the candles after all of the details are worked out. It is something to keep in mind before you go waste all your money on a Yankee or something. :) Some of the other ideas that we have been kicking around are a penny drive, a dinner-concert night, and a car wash. If any of you have any ideas that have been fun and helped raise money, please let us know!

Angie's BFF Roxy is one of the greatest kids you will ever meet. She leads worship for bible study and has been asking, "what can I do to help" since she walked through our door. I hope many of you get to meet her during the week she will be here.

Angie finished school today. I think she made it to jr year. YAY! The girls are out shopping and getting their hair done right now ( AKA looking at boys.)

We are going to take some pictures of Angie and Rox. I will post some. Thanks for following this blog. It's still weird and I never know what to write about.

God bless you and your families.

2 comments:

  1. Roxy is a doll! Can't wait to hang with her a little bit more before she leaves.

    I feel that COTA is the right thing to do! I was talking more about it with Tommy today and it just seemed like it all clicked and make sense when I was telling him everything.

    Naps! What are those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dream Dinners is also a great fund raising tool. They have stores all over the valley and we have used them several times.

    I will continue to pray for your family.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete