Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Little Bit About Us

Blogging is harder than it looks. (There’s the underlining again.)

I am going to get some more pictures up on here.

I was also thinking that there might be people who read this that don’t really know us. For that reason I think I will tell you a little about us. There are 6 in our family. Poor Eddie is the only male. Katlyn is 17 and will be graduating high school on Monday. She’s not really sure what she’s going to do next. We’re waiting to see about Angie first. Katlyn, being the oldest, is a HUGE help to me. Angie is 15 going to be 16 in August. She likes music a lot. She listens to anything from hip-hop to scream-o stuff. Angie is that child who has a huge heart but is frustrating as all heck because she’s spacey. She is definitely her own person and speaks her mind (respectfully, we hope). Evelyn is my 5 almost 6 year old. I call her “happy” because her hugs make all the bad stuff melt away. Rainna is 11 months old. Right now she is pulling all the plastic bowls out of my cabinet. Need I say more? Eddie is a sales manager for a pest control company. We LOVE this company. (It’s called Rollins. Little plug there.) Some people have asked about him needing to take time off of work. He works for one of these family-owned (but HUGE) companies that rally behind their employees. We won’t have a problem with him taking time off of work affecting his pay. Anyone need pest control? Lol

Apparently it is common practice for insurance companies to send their transplant cases out to a third party to handle. The coordinator said it’s because there is so much to it, you don’t want just any CSR handling it. Anyway, this 3rd party is difficult. They all must have worked for the government at some point because they don’t answer their phones or call you back. We got a letter from them in the mail yesterday. They said “they have approved (our) request to receive care as described above.” Above it says that it is for a consultation at UCLA. We have been trying to get an answer from them as to whether we will have out-of-network benefits at Tucson. Everything is kind of on hold until we get that answer. All in God’s timing, right?

Anyway, that is what is on for today. I am going to try and get an answer so we can get this ball rolling.
Aimee is supposed to come over today so we can talk about fundraising. I guess more on that tomorrow. Thank you for reading my ramblings. It’s still so weird to me to be blogging.

6 comments:

  1. Margaret aka....MollyMay 14, 2009 3:27 PM

    It's so awesome to see you blogging!
    Thank you for keeping us informed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing in Rockin' job!

    We will go over that tonight, Chicka Bee! I'll hang with ya after Starbucks to be able to see Angie and talk about Fundraising!

    Tommy thinks it's great that I am doing this. (shocker) He really is glad and feels that this is what I am suppose to do. (wow)

    We can go over the blog too if you want, tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,Its cousin Lisa & Gibbie, We just want you to know that we are also STANDING IN FAITH & PRAYER with you. God is no respector of person to heal,When we are weak HE is most strong in us.
    love all you, God Bless
    Lisa & Gibbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Angie. Sometimes when something like this happens we tend to think we're not strong enough to make it. The fact is we're not, we as humans are only as strong as a twig on a branch. BUT because GOD has blessed you with FAITH it makes YOU one of the strongest people in the world. Don't ever forget that. So when your thoughts take you to a scary place remember what could be better then having GOD in your corner. I couldn't imagine anything better then that. I look forward to seeing you and your sisters very soon.

    Aunt Gordie

    Olivas Family,

    I've always looked up to the strengh God has blessed your family with. Threw the good and the bad you've always been a team. I bet you if we could see the light of the Holy Spirit that lives in your home it would be as bright as the sun. Don't let the enemie take that from you guys.

    It takes me forever to write a comment. I just don't know the words to express the way I wish I could comfort you guys(if that makes any sense). I lay in my bed at night just thinking of you Ang then I think of you Melissa. And if I know you and I think I know you bretty well your sitting there staring at Angela well she's sleeping. I just want you to know that your not alone. I love you and I'll always be just a phone call away day or night.

    I love all of you Gordie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Baby Girl, this is your Tia Mary from San Bernardino. Just a few lines to let you know your in my prayers everyday. God is Good and will help you through this. I will be in Arizona on May 21 - May 25, so I will see you then. So until then stay sweet, stay strong and know that God Loves You.

    Romans 8:26-27 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don't even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will.

    Love you, Tia Toni

    ReplyDelete