Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Specific Prayer

Some of you have asked what you can pray for specifically. Thank you for that. One of the main things that we pray for is Angela’s lungs. Because her heart is not pumping effectively, the blood doesn’t completely drain into the heart chamber from the lungs. This causes elevated pressure in her lungs, which eventually leads to needing a lung transplant as well. Right now she only has minor damage to them. We pray that the Lord would protect her lungs from further damage until she gets her heart.

Another biggie for us is that she can have what is called a “sudden death event.” That is a nice way of saying that she can die abruptly and without warning. Yesterday we asked the coordinator if it was possible for her to have a sudden death event now and she said it was. However, her problems aren’t so serious that it is a probability. As her disease progresses, the probability increases. I don’t know if Aimee posted this, but our cardiologist told us that 50% of people with restrictive cardiomyopathy have a sudden death event within 2 years of being diagnosed. Scary, huh?

We would really appreciate your prayers for the family as well. The enemy is trying to divide us. We just try to keep clinging to Jesus.

I want you all to know that Angie reads all of your comments. She plans on making a blog entry (One day... You know how teenagers are). I have a list going of bible verses that you have sent as well. I never got the whole blogging thing, but I want to keep everyone informed and interest in Angela going. That being said, I am making it a point to blog every day so please check back.

My Microsoft Word keeps underlining the word “blog.” LOL How old my version must be. :)

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Melissa- is a blogger! (tee hee hee) (don't hit me)

    I know this is tough. I am proud of you. Thank you for being open and honest.

    I love you and you know that we are here. Always. Every step. However little or large it is.

    Praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love and prayers to your family. I know we are not close but I have open arms if you need me for anything.

    ReplyDelete